Lunch can get boring and boring FAST! It can quickly turn into fast food runs or the same old cold sandwich over and over. Today we are sharing two healthy and easy lunches that will being some spark back to your lunch time! We can even prepare these meals for your family while they are in our care!
Strawberry and Walnut Spinach salad
This fresh salad is a sweet and healthy mid day treat! Easy to prepare in advance and eat on the go! Try layering it in a mason jar with the dressing on the bottom, hardy veggies and spinach on top!
- Cup of baby spinach
- 3/4 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
- Handful of walnuts
- Sliced red onion ( desired amount)
- One hard boiled egg for extra protein
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Strawberry poppy seed dressing
Toss it all in a bowl, to-go container or mason jar and you are good to go!
Chicken and Cheese Taco
This meal is a great way to use up left over dinner chicken! Easy to load up the veggies for even more nutrition! It's hard to go wrong with this simple taco!
- Two soft tortillas
- Shredded chicken seasoned with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of shredded cheese. Sharp cheddar is our favorite!
- Diced veggies such as red bell pepper, onion, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado!
- Taco sauce if desired